Qwest DSL has been shutting off my internet every time I initiate an HD steam in Netflix via XBox live.
Steps to reproduce:
- Turn on XBox and log into XBox Live
- Launch Netflix via XBox Live
- Select an HD movie for streaming, eg. Superman II (Kneel before Zod!)
- At this point Netflix determines your optimal speed. (Presented in HD! FTW!)
- Error message comes up saying that it cannot play the movie. (OK…)
- At this point, every computer in the house loses internet access!!! (WTF?!?!? Points STRONGLY toward Qwest, not XBox Live or Netflix.)
- A few minutes later, internet access comes back.
- Any time you repeat the process, all internet access in the home is lost after selecting an HD movie for streaming.
- After repeating this several times, internet access WILL NOT come back on. Manual restart of router is required to restore internet access.
Qwest has some goddamn explaining to do.